NC HOPE PROGRAM Part 2
HOPE Application Page: https://www.rebuild.nc.gov/hope-program/apply
HOPE Application: https://hopenc.tfaforms.net/27
NC HOPE PROGRAM
The NC HOPE Program is now live! The relaunch of the program will be dedicated to the allocation of the $1.1 billion Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) funds North Carolina received under the American Rescue Plan.
Approximately $800 million will be available for the state run program. The remainder will be distributed directly to North Carolinas 12 largest counties and cities to run their own program. Notable provisions of the HOPE program are as follows.
HOPE 2.0 Applicants must:
- Earn an income less than or Equal to 50% area median income based on their county of residence.
- Occupy a rental property as a primary residence and be named on the lease or rental agreement. ( If a resident has a verbal lease HOPE will provide a document …
- Resident has experienced difficulty paying rent due to Coronavirus pandemic related impacts.
- Provides up to 12 months of rent and utility assistance.
- Assistance is provides up to 9 months of arrears plus 3 months of future rent assistance at a time.
- Applicants will reapply for assistance as needed, fund permitting.
- Tenants do not have to be behind on your rent to be eligible
- The new phase of the HOPE Program will pay the monthly rent you owe up to the fair market rent for a 2-bedroom unit in your county.
- Payments are made directly to landlords on behalf of the applicant.
- Landlords cannot apply on behalf of their tenant.
- You do not have to be late on your rent when you apply in order to qualify for assistance.