DE&I Education Seminar- Postponed
Audubon Place1000 Flycatcher Way
Arden, NC 28704-9697
Organizations understand the importance of DE&I, but some do not know how an internal and organizational strategy can help them attract and retain employees. Learn how to design, execute and measure a DE&I strategy that will empower and encourage organizations and their employees for a more inclusive and diverse workplace while creating a sense of belonging.
- One of the causes of employee turnover, particularly in marginalized groups
- Two of the four different types of diversity
- How diversity helps you attract talent and how inclusion helps you retain talent
- How to create a DE&I Strategy help you meet your DE&I objectives and measure that strategy over time
Why you should attend:
- According to a recent article by Forbes, a lack of representation, and cultural sensitivity at work can have a direct impact on employees and employee retention due to mental exhaustion.
- In a recent DEI Survey conducted through the National Apartment Association by Swift Bunny, 20% of On-site Leasing and 29% of on-site Maintenance respondents have changed jobs in the last 6 months, pointing out that a lack of inclusive environment, inequity, and pay was top of mind.
- 32% of Gen Z would not apply for a job where diversity is lacking.
Meet Your Speaker
Elizabeth (Liz) Newkirk (she/her) currently serves as Manager of Digital Media at Loebsack & Brownlee, PLLC, based in Charlotte, NC. Originally from Atlanta, GA, Liz has a background in digital marketing and analytics, content creation, leasing, and overseeing the execution and design of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion strategies.
Liz studied Business with a concentration in marketing at Johnson C. Smith University located in Charlotte, NC, and has multiple certifications. In 2021, Elizabeth received her Organizational Culture & Diversity and Legal Environment certification from Arizona State University. A DEI certification from the University of South Florida. In 2020, she obtained a Social Media and Digital Marketing certificate from Clemson University, and currently, Liz is pursuing a Fostering Inclusion and Diversity Certification from Yale School of Management. She is a PMP (Project Management Professional) Candidate.
Her industry leadership roles include Chair of the AANC (Apartment Association of North Carolina) DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) Committee and Vice President of the GCAA (Greater Charlotte Apartment Association) Services Council. She is the Secretary of the GCAA Education Foundation Board of Directors and Charter Chair of the SCAA (South Carolina Apartment Association) Marketing and PR Committee. She is a 2022 AANC Leadership Lyceum Graduate, NAA DEI Advocate of the Year Finalist, and 2021 TAA DEI Champion of the Year recipient.
In addition, she currently serves on the National Apartment Association (NAA) 2023 Marketing and Communications Group, The Upper State Apartment Association CARES Committee, GCAA Education Advisory Council, and the AANC State Suppliers Council. She has assisted in the formation of the GCAA, TAA (Triangle Apartment Association), and AANC DEI Committee and is a six-time social media of the year recipient.
In her spare time, Liz loves her Lab/Beagle mix, Lola, dance, Starbucks, and Target.